Some of the important terms and their meaning in terms of Mobile Repairing are listed below. Every one should know and refer to their other colleagues to expertise themselves in mobile market and repairing of mobiles.
- 2G: 2Nd Generation in Mobile Telephony.
- 3G: 3Rd Generation in Mobile Telephony.
- 4G: 4Th Generation in Mobile Telephony.
- AC: Alternate Current.
CDMA: Code Division Multiple Access.
- CPU: Central Processing Unit.
- BGA: Ball Grid Array.
- BSI: Battery Status Indicator.
- DCT: Digital Core Technology.
- IMEI: International Mobile Equipment Identity.
- IC: Integrated Circuit.
- LED: Light Emitting Diode.
- PDA: Personal Digital Assistant.
- PFO: Power Frequency Oscillator.
- UEM: Universal Energy Manager.
- PCB: Printed Circuit Board.
- RAM: Random Access Memory.
- RX: Receive / Receiver (Receiving Section).
- SMD: Surface Mount Device.
- RF: Radio Frequency.
- TX: Transmit (Transmitting Section).
- VCO: Voltage-Controlled Oscillator.
A number of mobile shop keeper in India as well as Mobile shop keeper in Pakistan do not know the short names and short codes which is much necessary for their mobile phone repairing concept clearance. They read out from internet but due to lack of information about circuit codes, how current flowing etc.